[ic] Using Oracle DB on another server

Tue Oct 16 16:00:01 2001

Quoting Chad Wittrock (Chad.Wittrock@uni.edu):
> I am running IC 4.6 on RH 7.1. I set up my store using the default database
> for testing. I would now like to set up the store to use tables stored in an
> Oracle DB on another machine. So far I have only found one thread in the
> archives of someone else attempting this. Has anyone done this or does
> someone have some suggestions for me? If you can point me to the
> documentation or give me a hand with this, I would really appreciate it.
>
> I have installed DBD::Oracle and DBI, where do I go from here?

If you were switching to MySQL or Postgres, only step 2 would be
necessary.

1.  The big problem with Oracle is that several of the column names
conflict. (Unlike SQL92, Oracle has several more field names that are
not legal.) Search through the base template (/usr/lib/interchange/construct)
for __MVC_FIELDMUNGE__ and find the corresponding place in your
catalog. Add "_fld". The list of files in the
one I have is:

catalog.cfg
config/additional_fields
dbconf/oracle/order_returns.ora
dbconf/oracle/orderline.ora
dbconf/oracle/products.ora
dbconf/oracle/transactions.ora
etc/receipt.html
etc/mail_receipt
etc/ship_notice
etc/report
etc/log_entry
etc/log_transaction
pages/swap_results.html
pages/query/order_detail.html
pages/query/order_return.html
pages/process_return.html
pages/browse.html
pages/results_big.html
pages/flypage.html
pages/recurring_add.html
pages/quantity.html
products/variable.txt
products/order_returns.txt
products/transactions.txt
products/mv_metadata.asc
products/orderline.txt
products/products.txt
templates/components/cart

2. At that point, you just need to set ORACLE to 1, and SQLDSN to
some valid Oracle DSN in variables.txt, restart, and away you should go.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer