[ic] where is sale_price defined ?

Tue Oct 16 16:15:00 2001

At 11:22 AM 10/16/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>I am about to add a column to products so I went and edited
>products.mysql, just to notice that some columns that exist
>in my db are not even defined there. Why is this ?
>One such column is sale_price. Where are this defined ?
>
>I did a grep for sale_price in dbconf/mysql and nothing
>was returned.

If it is indeed available within Interchange, but is not in
yourcat/dbconf/products.mysql (and I assume you *are* using MySQL) then it
is in the yourcat/products/products.txt file - that is the primary source
of column definitions and data when IC first creates the table. The
products.sql file COLUMN_DEF entries just give you some control over the
data types; otherwise everything would end up as char(128).

There is a reasonably good write up on this and related issues in the docs:
http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/dev-4.8/icdatabase_16.html

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax