[ic] Multiple Pricing

Jerry interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Oct 17 07:38:00 2001

We accomplish this quiet easily using the set locale tag.
Haven't done this yet 4.8 but I don't see why it wouldn't
work the same as 4.6. You can easily set a different price field
based on the locale setting. We added a field to the userdb which
gets read at login and is used to SET LOCALE for that user. The
PRICE FIELD is automatically set to the proper field and the
user sees those prices. We use this so retail, wholesale and
distributors may all order from the same site.

I'm sure there are other ways to accomplish this, but this
required the fewest changes and eliminates the need to make
any changes to product display pages like results, fly page,
basket or checkeout.

Hope this helps...

Jerry

> In the Products area of IC, I see "Product Price" and "Dealer Price".
>
> Question #1: What is this DEALER PRICE? I always thought it was affiliate
> pricing.  Does not appear to be or at least I can't get it to work.
>
> I have a potential client who needs 4 different prices for each product:
> Retail Pricing, Reseller Pricing, Educational Pricing and Government
> Pricing.
>
> How can I have 4 different customer types log in and see 4
> different prices,
> respectively.

  [SNIP]