[ic] Multiple Pricing

Bernino Lind interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Oct 17 12:22:01 2001

Jerry,

Perhaps you could post some example code ?

//nino

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com]On Behalf Of Mike
Heins
Sent: 17. oktober 2001 16:35
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ic] Multiple Pricing

Quoting Jerry (jerry@data-logic.com):
> We accomplish this quiet easily using the set locale tag.
> Haven't done this yet 4.8 but I don't see why it wouldn't
> work the same as 4.6. You can easily set a different price field
> based on the locale setting. We added a field to the userdb which
> gets read at login and is used to SET LOCALE for that user. The
> PRICE FIELD is automatically set to the proper field and the
> user sees those prices. We use this so retail, wholesale and
> distributors may all order from the same site.
>
> I'm sure there are other ways to accomplish this, but this
> required the fewest changes and eliminates the need to make
> any changes to product display pages like results, fly page,
> basket or checkeout.

There is a special directive, "Profile", which is designed
to accomplish this as well. It works a lot like Locale.

There is an example of how to use it to set three separate
price types -- dealer, distributor, and normal. It is in
the tools sampledata template, file etc/after.cfg.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown