[ic] Continue Shopping button redirection

Anthony W. Juckel interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Oct 17 12:56:01 2001

I would like to change the behavior of the Continue Shopping button on
the foundation cart component.  Basically, I want the button to return
the user to whichever catalog screen they were on last, rather than just
redirecting them to the index page.  To accomplish this, I've started by
storing a session variable cur_search_string which contains, oddly
enough, the search string that resulted in the current results page
(which is what my catagory pages are).  This seems to be storing just
fine, but I'm having problems redirecting the [bounce] tag in the
continue_shopping button.

Basically, I have changed [bounce page=index] to [bounce href="[area
interpolate=1 search="[data session cur_search_string]"]"], but bounce
(or area) seems to be choking when area itself has an embedded tag.  It
works fine if area is a flat tag, but as soon as I embed another tag, I
 get redirected to an error page saying it can't find the page "[area.

Anyone have any ideas?

Anthony W. Juckel
Interchange 4.8.2, Redhat 7.0, perl 5.6