[ic] Interchange with WN www-server

Wed Oct 17 19:10:01 2001

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Bas Bezemer wrote:

BB>>I suspect that the properties of the server are set to execute script
BB>>files only. Further there are some error messages during makecat.
BB>>
BB>>run "sh /home/users27/durmaz/catalogs/inet2/config/makedirs"? y
BB>>chmod: /home/users27/durmaz/catalogs/inet2/logs: Operation not permitted
BB>>chmod: /home/users27/durmaz/catalogs/inet2/orders: Operation not
BB>>permitted
BB>>chmod: /home/users27/durmaz/catalogs/inet2/session: Operation not
BB>>permitted
BB>>chmod: /home/users27/durmaz/catalogs/inet2/tmp: Operation not permitted
BB>>
BB>>The script "makecat" tries to set permissions to "2770". Which is not
BB>>permitted as the message says. Is this the suexec connection?

It sounds like you are running this as a user, and it is expecting a Super
User.

This problem is independent of WN and needs to be cleaned up before you go
any further.

BB>>The errormessage I get is (from http://www.domain.nl/inet.cgi):
BB>>Error code 500
BB>>Read error
BB>>WN/2.2.9

This is going to depend on where you have WN pointing as the starting point.
But, typically, you are going to have to run it through the directory named
'cgi-bin' followed by the store name.

BB>>With respect to the index.cache, all the files are indexed under the
BB>>"www"-directory. But the "catalogs/"-directory is not positioned under
BB>>the "www"-directory. I've tried to put it under www and had it indexed.

If your index file contains, simply 'attribute=serveall' and then run wndex,
everything in that directory will serve.

Apache is a complicated monster to set up and maintain. WN, out of the box
is extremely simple, and just as robust and just as capable as Apache.

If you are having problems, usually it's because you don't have the right
PATH, you don't have an index.cache in that directory, or a file it needs is
missing.

>From what you have said, I'm guessing that you have some missing files.

Get a clean install done without errors, and then let's talk some more.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Wednesday, October 17, 2001 at 19:00 PM:
A is A - Aristotle

This Linux System has been up 95 hours