[ic] Database Table Definitions

Matthew T. Snyder interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Oct 18 16:15:53 2001

<snip>

> This states the tables and column names, which is very helpful.
> But, I need
> the files that specify the data types of each column, any indexes
> that were
> made, and primary keys. I am sure I could probably make up my own, but I
> already have this working with the default tables that were setup during
> makecat for the default db. I would like to move this over to
> Oracle tables
> so I need to set up the tables the same way, as I have data in
> the existing
> tables. Is there a place that lists the data types, indexes, etc? Like I
> said I found a few like:
> /var/lib/interchange/mycatalog/dbconf/oracle/products.ora. But,
> there is not
> one of these files for every table listed at this link you gave me. Can
> someone explain/help me with this?
> Chad

Most of those files can be found under the CATROOT/dbconf directory.  I'm
not familiar with oracle, so I'm not certain exactly how those files are set
up - I've never looked.  However, patrick was right in his earlier post, as
far as I know... if it's a .dbm file extension, it doesn't show up in the
database (at least not under MySQL or PostgreSQL), although it might be
possible to change things so it does.

The following is a snippet  of what I see within my CATROOT/dbconf/oracle
(and looks almost identical to products.mysql):

<snip>
Database  products  DEFAULT_TYPE VARCHAR2(128)
Database  products  KEY          sku
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "sku=VARCHAR2(64) PRIMARY KEY"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "description=VARCHAR2(128)"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "title=VARCHAR2(128) DEFAULT ''"
Database  products  INDEX         title
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "template_page=VARCHAR2(64)"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "comment=VARCHAR2(2000)"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "thumb=VARCHAR2(128)"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "image=VARCHAR2(64)"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "price=DECIMAL(12,2)"
Database  products  INDEX         price
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "category=VARCHAR2(64)"
Database  products  INDEX         category
Database  products  INDEX         prod_group
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "nontaxable=VARCHAR2(3)"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "weight=VARCHAR2(12) DEFAULT '0'"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "size=VARCHAR2(96)"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "color=VARCHAR2(96)"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "gift_cert=VARCHAR2(3)"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "related=VARCHAR2(2000)"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "featured=VARCHAR2(32)"
Database  products  NUMERIC      price

I think that you'll find a quick more or less on those files with a .ora
extension will answer most of those questions :)