[ic] Multiple catalogs with same product db

Thu Oct 18 18:23:01 2001

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Jason Timm wrote:

JT>>I have been looking through the archives and docs but haven't seen anything
JT>>on this.  We currently have catalogs running independently, but are going to
JT>>have multiple catalogs that need to use the same product table (as well as
JT>>possibly some other tables).  Is there any way for 2 catalogs to share some
JT>>common tables like this (some tables such as the customer table will need to
JT>>remain separate)?

I would try symbolic links on the databases that you want to share.
Or, fully define the paths in the config files to use the ones in a
different store. I think that the symbolic links would have a better chance
of working, though.

YMMV

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Thursday, October 18, 2001 at 18:20 PM:
Any given program will expand to fill available memory.

This Linux System has been up 118 hours