[ic] Newbie question

Troy Davis interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Oct 21 11:59:01 2001

Hi everyone,

I've just installed Interchange 4.8 on my RedHat server, and of course,
I'm lost.

Where do I find a guide on setting up my store? There are lots of docs
on the interchange site, and most of them seem to be assuming that I
want to begin adding new functionality to the source right away, which
sounds a bit ambitious to me right now. I'd like to start using the
system for an online store, and I'm having difficulty seperating the
relevant tutuorials from the non-relevant. Can anyone point me in the
right direction?

I was hoping that this would "just work" after install, but it appears
that I can't add new items to the store at all. Not sure why. Every time
I click on the "Item Editor" link, I see the same info I entered before.
I hit "OK" and I'm returned to the Items page, no item there. How can I
check for errors in this process?

Are there lots of config files to edit before a new catalog install is
useable for real-world operations? The other possibility is that I've
botched the install. I don't think so, tables were created in MySQL, but
new items aren't added when I use the Item Editor as noted above. It's a
strange new world for me...

Looks like I've got tons of reading to do. Any pointers on where to
start would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Troy