[ic] Discounting Entire Orders

Mon Oct 22 20:52:00 2001

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 cfm@maine.com wrote:

>>> Oh! Wow! Fan-$#%$&*(&ing-tastic!
>>>
>>> That is VERY valuable! Thanks a whole lot!
>>
>>Just bear in mind that does not work in the strictest sense because it
>>sets the session permanently.  One could set the discount, drop a few
>>items, and still have the discount.  That might be irrelevant or it
>>might not :-)  It even gets page dependant, eg they may not have to
>>go through checkout once it is filled.  I suppose you could simply
>>unset it each page and reset; the [else] won't quite do that.

Yeah, but once they get in the $100 ballpark, I don't really care if they
drop a bit and add others. As long as they don't know this weakness... It
seems difficult to exploit!

It's a good warning though!

This is but one more thing that I have gathered off this list that has
helped me to promote sales!

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Monday, October 22, 2001 at 20:50 PM:
My other cat is a Jaguar.

This Linux System has been up 35 hours