[ic] using Usertag table-organize example displays nothing

Curt Hauge interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Oct 23 18:06:01 2001

Hello Interchange gurus,

After making a *small* tip to the tip jar ;) I am making another attempt
(begging for help) to figure out the table-organize tag (per my original
request below).

Mike Heins responded below, and per Mikes reply, I have since tried using
interpolate=1 like this:
[table-organize
            interpolate=1
            cols=3
            pretty=1
...etc

I am a little unclear as to what needs to be added to interchange.cfg. So I
changed interchange.cfg to:

UserTag  table-organize  Order cols  ==> EOR
UserTag  table_organize  HasEndTag
UserTag  table_organize  Interpolate

I even added the whole table-organize routine to interchange.cfg without
luck. There are no errors in the error logs, but I still get no output
(other than 'top', 'left', and 'bottom' panels). This looks like it should
be a no-brainer! More info below.

I have read the docs on IC tag syntax. I understand I am using a container
tag and need interpolate=1 and an end tag. I have searched the archives for
table-organize and interpolate (and grepped for the same). I am using the
example from the table-organize usertag itself (though it did not mention
using interpolate). Details of my original request are below.

I hope someone can open my eyes! Thanks in advance!

Curt Hauge

Quoting Curt Hauge (chc@mninter.net):
> IC 4.6.5-1 rpm - Construct - Default DB - Redhat 7.0 - Perl 5.6
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am trying to learn how to use the usertag table-organize within the
> tutorial. I wish to create multiple columns of products with many rows. I
> have copied /usr/lib/interchange/eg/usertag/table_organize to
> /usr/lib/interchange/usertag/table_organize. I have made the following
entry
> into interchange.cfg:
> (I think this could be the problem)
> UserTag  table-organize  Order cols  ==> EOR
>
> and this is my test page:
>
> [include templates/regions/top]
> [include templates/regions/left]
> [table-organize
>                 cols=3
>                 pretty=1
>                 tr.0='bgcolor="#EEEEEE"'
>                 tr.1='bgcolor="#FFFFFF"'
>                 td.0='align=right'
>                 td.1='align=center'
>                 td.2='align=left'
>                 ]
>                 [loop list="1 2 3 1a 2a 3a 1b"] <td> [loop-code] </td>
> [/loop]
> [/table-organize]
> [include templates/regions/bottom]

Quoting Mike Heins:
This is one of the cases where you want an interpolate=1 parameter, for
you don't want table-organize to operate on the source of the loop, but
the results of the loop.