[ic] admin passwd corruption

Wed Oct 24 19:40:01 2001

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, joseph wrote:

j>>Hello, I have a system Running Interchange 4.8.2 RedHat 7.1 and power
j>>was lost to it, unfortunately we had nol UPS. When it came back up the
j>>username and passwd for admin did not work. The logs show before and
j>>after a 2 hour time frame of the system going down that as soon as it
j>>came back up the admin login failed.  From what I understand - The
j>>access.gdbm file contains this info and I've tried using the update
j>>command in the bin of interchange but the dirtections for using it are
j>>sparse. Basically,  how can one put in admin accounts from the command
j>>lie rather that the /admin.html page.

Delete access.gdbm

Use a command line viewer to look at access.asc, or even better, to edit it.

It appears that you can have the second field blank (the password field) and
it will let you in.

Once access.gdbm is deleted, a new one will be generated from access.asc

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Wednesday, October 24, 2001 at 19:35 PM:
God I want patience, and I WANT IT NOW!

This Linux System has been up 81 hours