[ic] Internal Server Error and more

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 08:27:00 2001

Lars Oltmanns wrote:
[SNIP]
> Then I tried
>
> /usr/local/interchange/bin/restart
>
> Message:
> The Interchange server was not running
> (/usr/local/interchange/etc/interchange.pid).
> Low traffic settings.
> Calling UI........UI is loaded...
> Interchange .V4.8.2
> Configuring catalog katalogtest...Using MySQL,
> DSN=dbi:mysql:test_katalogtest...
>
> - - - [25/Oktober/2001:13:45:55 +0200] - - table 'country' failed: connect
> failed (create) -- Unknown database 'test_katalogtest'

[SNIP]

> - - - [25/Oktober/2001:13:45:55 +0200] - - table 'products' failed: connect
> failed (create) -- Unknown database 'test_katalogtest'
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> What is the mistake I made? May anyone can help me to get the Interchange
> Software running? I also never worked with MySQL or any other database,

That is the problem! Use MySQL after some experience and training
without IC only and first.
In the meantime, try bin/makecat once more again and set SQL support to
0 instead of 1. Use IC withot SQL at the first time.

That's my 2 pence!

> Apache or Perl. So if I need to modify anything there I appreciate receiving
> detailled information about this.
>
> Hoping for any solutions.
>
> Best regards,

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]