[ic] Install - Orders/Administration Not Functional

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 09:34:01 2001

Glenn McCalley wrote:

> Hi, thanks,
>
> Yes I saw that, we had to deal with that for Minivend 3.x on FreeBSD 2.x.
> But... CHILD_MAX went away as a kernel option along about FreeBSD
> 3.something.  This is 4.x.  In any event 'sysctl kern.maxprocperuid' returns
> 1043 max processes per user, and this particular machine ran a hugely active
> Minivend 3 store earlier this year without indident.
>
> Now, /var/log/messages does show Perl exiting with a dump and signal 11 when
> the problem occurs, maybe IC doesn't like 5.6.0?
>
> Still looking, and thanks!
> Glenn.

Hmmm...with a fresh IC 4.8.2? Without any modification by you?
At the first time with FreeBSD 4.3, IC crash at the start up. After
editing bin/interchange to

--------- snip ----------
# Here we prepare enter the daemon mode.

# Set the $0 to something not having 'perl' (won't
# work on Solaris and IRIX among possibly others)
if(defined $Global::Variable->{MV_DOLLAR_ZERO}) {
#	$0 = $Global::Variable->{MV_DOLLAR_ZERO};
#	$0 = "interchange --> $Global::VendRoot"
#		if length($0) < 2;
		}
		else {
#	$0 = 'interchange';
		}

# We won't have much output on any of this, but if we get some
# we want it immediately

It works well! Did that helps you?

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]