[ic] form validation problems..

Eduardo Dominguez interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Oct 26 15:18:00 2001

I am creating a custom form to gets some input from
the customers. Its on a page of its own.

What I want to do is:
 - have customers fill the form
 - all fields are required
 - do some minimal validation of the data
 - if the form is correctly filled
   - insert data in the DB
   - redirect the user to a specific page
 - if its incorrect
   - display error messages of wrong fields
   - stay in the same form page

I have a form with:

  <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_todo VALUE=return>
  <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_form_profile VALUE=Check_form>

then, within a [set] block I defined "Check_form" like so:

[set Check_form]
&success=index
&fail=@@MV_PAGE@@
test_field=required
test_other=required
&fatal=1
test_last=required
[/set]

Still, I can get it to work. I would like to use perl if possible to
do the form validation and to insert the data into the DB.

Any  help is appreciated.