[ic] Product html files

John Clayton interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Oct 26 18:00:00 2001

Thank you much

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com]On Behalf Of Ed
LaFrance
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 2:50 PM
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ic] Product html files

At 01:39 PM 10/26/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello we are using IC 4.8.2, have it installed, have it working and are
>trying to modify the Foundation catalog.  Everything is fine except for the
>dynamically produced pages.  For example for each product item we add to
the
>catalog it produces a new html page based on that item's SKU (00029.html)
>for item with SKU of 00029.  Does anybody know where these are being made
or
>stored so that we can change the style of the page (logo, links and
>background)?  I am assuming that it has to do with one of the *.pm files,
if
>so which one?  Can this be done?

Those are 'virtual' pages, created on-the-fly using the template page
called 'flypage.html'.  Static html pages for each product are only
generated if you do a static build from within the UI.  FWIW, you can make
a template page for any item (i.e. 00029.html) and put it in the catalog's
pages directory, and IC will use that instead of flypage, giving you some
ability to customize the look and feel on an item-by-item basis.  Probably
better is to use PageSelectField to choose from a series of templates based
on a property of the product... or perhaps to store display attributes in a
database keyed by item sku, category or some other relation and use those
to set page properties on the fly...

There are many choices.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax