[ic] options

Fred Pope interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Oct 27 20:58:01 2001

We modified our options admin page so that we can accomadate ICs built in
pricing variance functionality in a really slick way.

This allows us, selling high end electronics equipment with massive
configuration option alternatives (400 for one product), to speed our data
entry rapidly. By adding a field that accesses the price field in the
database options table, we are able to establish multiple options with
prices and have IC automatically calculate the the price.

All we did is modify the code for the page that admins the simple options in
the UI. But its really handy. I can show someone exaclty how we did it if
they want, but its really pretty straightforward...you just need to go into
that form, and add the input and reference the query field for the value,
then you update the query up above to include the new variable in the update
statement. Essentially all you are doing is adding to that form the
funcionality to reference one additonal field...price, and you do that in
all appropriate places.

The mod will take you about a half hour, and is realy great, and it makes
the options work beautifully. It is probably not for those who are new to
interchnage, but those who understand the guts of it, this is relatively
easy.

Best..
FP