[ic] problems with the [if] Statement

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Oct 29 05:52:00 2001

Jonas Hoffmann <ruby@joelh.de> writes:

> Am Montag, 29. Oktober 2001 09:23 schrieben Sie:
> > Jonas Hoffmann <ruby@joelh.de> writes:
> > > Hi !
> > >
> > > I have problems with the if Statement.
> > >
> > > I have some products in the products.txt with some empty fields like this
> > > : sku     description     price   image   category        display
> > > beschreibung einheit saeure  restzucker   alkohol jahrgang
> > > auszeichnung    lage 36      Rondo Tafelwein trocken 0,75 Ltr.
> > > 11.00           Rotwein
> > >
> > > Now i want to let some fields empty in my flypage if there are no values
> > > in the products table, here is what i try but it doesnt work :(
> > >

> > > [if item-restzucker eq ""]
> > > [/if]
> >
> > Try:
> > [if-item-field restzucker]
> > [/if-item-field]
> >
> > which is very well documented.
> >
> > Ciao
> >         Racke
>
> But this does not work.
>
> [if-item-field restzucker] is not accepted and [if item-field restzucker] is
> accepted by the interchange Server but it does not work
>
> [/if-item-field] is not accepted by the Interchange Server.

My example is certainly correct, you probably have other problems
in your setup/page.

> Is an empty field like "" or is it like a NULL in a DB field ? And how can i
> test NULL in a if Statement ?

An empty field and NULL is like "".

> i know the documentation but there is nothing to find about item's.

There is a section about item lists.

> Perhaps its my bad english bu i must say that the docs and manuals are not
> really good for my taste. It could be because my i'm not good in PERL but i
> think interchange is for people without PERLknowlege.

Yes and no. You can use IC without Perl knowledge, but it helps
a lot.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Racke happily hacks Interchange and maintains Debian packages like Courier.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices