[ic] Flypage, multiple product tables, and [item-field]

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Oct 29 12:13:00 2001

"Todd L. Cawthron" <todd@lunsfordgroup.com> writes:

[...]

> After I posted this message to the list, I did some more investigating and
> then raised the issue on bugzilla.
>
> When I turned on the debugging features in Interchange, I noticed a lot of
> database error messages during flypage generation.  The first error that was
> returned (which resulted from querying the DescriptionField) started a chain
> reaction that tripped up the rest of the flypage process on the database
> side.  I added a line of code to DBI.pm on my system that fixed this
> problem.  However, I can't guarantee at this point that my "fix" didn't
> break something else!

>From DBI:

           The finish method does not affect the transaction
           status of the session.  It has nothing to do with
           transactions. It's mostly an internal 'housekeeping'
           method that is rarely needed. There's no need to call
           finish if you're about to destroy or re-execute the
           statement handle.  See also the disconnect entry
           elsewhere in this document and the the Active entry
           elsewhere in this documentattribute.

So, I suppose this is a bug in the Sybase stuff.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Racke happily hacks Interchange and maintains Debian packages like Courier.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices