[ic] selected tag

Götz Verdieck interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Oct 30 10:21:01 2001

> Götz Verdieck <goetz.verdieck@com4office.de> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>> I think with my problem I'm back to the roots, but I can not solve it!
>>

>> Every time the first entry (AK) will be shown up in the option list, even if
>> I select AL !
>>
>> <SELECT NAME="state" onChange="this.form.submit()">
>>             <OPTION VALUE="AK" [selected state AK]>AK
>>             <OPTION VALUE="AL" [selected state AL]>AL
>>            </SELECT>
>> What am I doing wrong ?
>> I looked in the mail archive, but it seems that everybody uses the
>> selected tag with no problem.
>> I'm working on a mac. Is this a part of the problem ?
>
> Should work. What shows the HTML code. What is your form action ?
> BTW: You can leave out the value.
>
> Ciao
>       Racke

Hi,

The first time I had this problem with the checkout.html coming with the
foundation store.

   <SELECT NAME="payment_method" onChange="this.form.submit()">
          [if variable CREDIT_CARDS_ACCEPTED]
          <option [selected payment_method credit] value="credit">Credit
Card
          [/if]
          [if variable CHECK_ACCEPTED]
          <option [selected payment_method check] value="check">Online Check
          [/if]
          [if variable PO_ACCEPTED]
          <option [selected payment_method po] value="po">Company P.O.
          [/if]
          [if variable POSTAL_ACCEPTED]
          <option [selected payment_method postal] value="postal">Postal
Billing
          [/if]
          [if variable COD_ACCEPTED]
          <option [selected payment_method postal] value="cod">C.O.D.
          [/if]
          </SELECT>

The html is:
 <SELECT NAME="payment_method" onChange="this.form.submit()">

          <option  value=check>Online Check

          <option  value=cod>C.O.D.

Am I the only one with this problem ?

Thank you in advance