[ic] Foundation - auto prod_group and category fine tune.

Wed Oct 31 18:10:00 2001

> Quoting music@labyrinth.net.au (music@labyrinth.net.au):
> > Quoting mike:
> > > By default, the link type is "simple", which is a simple search.
> > > You can put "prod_group=X, category=Y" in the "selector" field of
> > > the cat table and get that to happen.
> > >
> > > In fact, I think the 4.9 devel CVS has a pages/admin/layout_auto.html
> > > file which does that for you automatically. That may even work
> > > in 4.8.
> >
> > Thanks! It certainly does work as far as creating the different search
> > queries for each link.
> >
> > Unfortunately, as is also the case with the 4.8.2 version, it does not
auto
> > generate a complete category list if the products.txt file has a
duplicate
> > category name within a prod_group:
> >
> > prod_group    category
> > Dog    food
> > Dog    collar
> > Cat    food
> > Cat     flea powder
> >

> Thanks for pointing that out. I was not updating the %cat_done differently
> based on the "narrow" cat_type.
>
> I have attached an (untested) version of that page that might do it
> automatically.

Mike, you are an absolute legend. It works very nicely in 4.8.2

For anyone following this, dump the layout_auto.html (attached to Mike's
Then, whenever you need to rebuild the areas and category lists by pulling
in the list of 'prod_group' and 'category' items from your products.txt
file, click on 'Design' and 'auto populate'. You should never have problems
with duplicate categories in different areas again!

To test further I deleted many categories from the 'cat' table and then used
auto populate to re-create them with specific search criteria and it works
wonderfully.

Simon B