[ic] What do you think? (RH you idiots)

Chris Rapier interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Sep 1 22:00:00 2001

> 1. I too would think that those "on-the-road" should be able to "use"
> the email address they signed up under and don't think that very many
> on this list would see this as a problem. (maybe I'm wrong, maybe we
> could hear of a "good" reason to leave as-is?)

Note: I don't know what mailing list software they are using for this
list *but* to address this issue with my mailing lists I have an
addendum file. If someone wnats to use an alternate email address they
send a subscription request to mailinglist-addendum-request@foo.com.
This is sent to process which adds the email address to an addendum file
which is treated as a list of approved posters who do not recive mail.
People can sub and unsub at this address but anything else is discarded.

This way people who want to post from alternate location or accoutns
only have to send one piece of mail before they have posting privledges
from that account as well.

I feel I'm not being entirely clear on this but it does work. Easy to
setup as well.

Chris Rapier