[ic] PGP Problem

Chris Rapier interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Sep 2 15:43:01 2001

wendel wrote:

>  > This is a common problem. You have some permissions messed up.
> Ok, but this is the question, I need to correct this but I unknown what is
> wrong, I'm studyng the ITL and need to set up the Catalog to send
> credit cards for an client e-mail;
>
> You can send-me a model of data to put on Payment Preferences - PGP?
> The fields what I need is: PGP/GPG key selection and PGP/GPG Public Key;
>
> If right I need to put on Public Key, the text of public key of mail what I
> want
> to send the orders, but what I need to put on the field PGP/GPG key selection?
> Other question: I need to have a PGP program on the server? is the same of
> www.pgpl.org? I get the Download PGP 6.5.8 for Linux and installed it, but this
> not work right;

All you want to do is have the credit card information sent via email in
the clear right?

So you don't actually need PGP at all.

I've a site that doesn't use it and as far as I can tell it is not a
problem at all. Unless Interchange for some reason now requires PGP you
shoudl be able to just leave the defines for it blank. It won't be used
at all. The credicat card information should be stored in something like
mv_credit_card_number. You then need take make sure this is in your
mailed receipt.

This should still work without any other problems.

In the file mail_reciept in the catalog-name/etc directory add the line
CC number = [value mv_credit_card_number]
under the line that says
Payment Method: [value mv_payment]

In catalog.cfg you shoudl have something like
Route main        pgp_cc_key       ""
Route main        pgp_key          ""

If this doesn't work you have bigger issues.

As for the "Need Encrytion Enabled" flag there shoudl be some realtively
painless way to turn this off.