[ic] Stop whining about spam, you idiots

Mon Sep 3 00:06:00 2001

Quoting Jim Balcom (jim@idk-enterprises.com):
> On Sun, 2 Sep 2001, Kevin Walsh wrote:
>
> KW>>Spam is a fact of life these days - get over it.
>
> Some parallels:
>
> AIDS is a fact of life these days - get over it.
> Abortion is a fact of life these days - get over it.
> Divorce is a fact of life these days - get over it.
> High school drop-outs are a fact of life these days - get over it.
> Death from cigarettes is a fact of life these days - get over it.

At this point I will ask everyone to go to news.admin.net-abuse.email
if they wish to discuss it further.

I too hate spam, but I ask that we all take it out on the spammers
and the ISPs who tolerate them, not the victims. We will never get
this list totally spam-free, but we can try to do our best. Note that
since the message sparking this thread, not one has gotten through.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find I have just
lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as
well. -- Diane Ackerman