[ic] slocate problems.

Cormac Robinson interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Sep 3 13:41:01 2001

Afternoon.

I'm currently renting space on a DSVR "English ISP"
server. I believe they use Red Hat 6.0. The problem I
have is that they do not support slocate....

This is the error I get when I try to run bin/makecat

locate: error accessing DB Directory:
/var/lib/slocate/ : Not a directory
Enter path to httpd.conf file:

[6]+ Stopped bin/makecat

I have spoken to the guys hosting my virtual server...

Regretfully, the functions of the slocate binary and
directories are
incompatible with our virtual servers, so you will be
unable to use it.

I hope this does not inconvenience you too much.

Can anybody help me out on this one... Is there any
other way of building the catalog without using
slocate.

There could be a pint of guinness for anybody who
helps me out on this, and they are travelling to
Ireland.....

Thanks.