[ic] ssl submission at button level (not form level)?

Mon Sep 3 14:03:00 2001

Quoting Richard Seymour (rseymour@anarchysoftware.com):
> I don't know if this is possible. Maybe someone here has some ideas.
>
> User is at a form in non-secure mode and hits a "complete transaction"
> button on a form which has a "action=[process-order secure=1]" tag. All
> is well (the user goes to an ssl page to continue). BUT if I want the
> user to hit a button labled "continue shopping" on the same form, the
> user should be directed back to the general order page (or wherever),
> but NOT via ssl. What I'm getting is the user goes to the shopping page
> (good) but with an "https://" based URL (bad).
>
> I could move the "continue shopping" button to a link outside the form,
> or another form. But is there a way to do this with just one form. That
> is something like (I know this syntax doesn't work, but...):
>
> [set complete transaction]
> mv_todo=return
> mv_nextpage=ord/payments
> mv_secure=Yes! Make this secure. Do it!
> [/set]
>
> [set continue shopping]
> mv_todo=return
> mv_nextpage=somewhere
> mv_secure=Nope! I don't want this to be secure, not at all, thanks!
> [/set]

Nope -- not possible. Remember that the URL the action is sent
to is determined by the browser before it is posted, not Interchange
after it is received at that URL.

The only thing to be done is to use JavaScript to change the
action of the form when the button is clicked. That is typically
possible with <input type=submit> but not <input type=image>.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of
car payments.  -- Earl Wilson