[ic] slocate problems.

Mon Sep 3 14:06:00 2001

Quoting Cormac Robinson (cormac_robinson@yahoo.com):
> Afternoon.
>
> I'm currently renting space on a DSVR "English ISP"
> server. I believe they use Red Hat 6.0. The problem I
> have is that they do not support slocate....
>
> This is the error I get when I try to run bin/makecat
>
> locate: error accessing DB Directory:
> /var/lib/slocate/ : Not a directory
> Enter path to httpd.conf file:
>
> [6]+ Stopped bin/makecat

Why did you stop it? It wouldn't have suspended on its own....

> I have spoken to the guys hosting my virtual server...
>
> Regretfully, the functions of the slocate binary and
> directories are
> incompatible with our virtual servers, so you will be
> unable to use it.

Then request they remove the locate binary from the bin directory
so people are not misled.

But still in all, all you have to do is hit return at the prompt. You
will then have to enter all the paths yourself, but it should work.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of
car payments.  -- Earl Wilson