[ic] Upgrade from 4.6 to 4.8

David Totten interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Sep 5 13:44:00 2001

On Wed, 2001-09-05 at 13:33, Mark R. Misko wrote:
> 3.  Will any problems arise from upgrading, as far as new variable or table
> names that may cause our existing catalog not to work?

Upgrading from 4.6x to 4.8x is probably going to be a bit of a struggle.
What I would do (depending on circumstances) is create a new 4.8x
foundation catalog, and convert it's functionality to reproduce what the
old store did.

You may be thinking that this sounds like it's a bunch of wasted time,
but the new foundation demo and admin has new functionality that if you
want it to work in your store, you might as well start with it as the
base, already working, then try to implement all of the new code into
your old construct something store.

This is of course just my opinion,
Dave Totten

GnuPG uid: 0x887B864C
Key fingerprint: 749E E8A9 E905 7372 163B  2D19 E8D6 4BA9 887B 864C
For more information about GnuPG, visit http://www.gnupg.org