[ic] PGP Issue, Upgrade from IC 4.6.5 to 4.8.x

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Sep 6 04:30:00 2001

I had encountered an upgrade issue when going from a working IC 4.6.5
catalog to a 4.8.x server.  The issue was that I was using my existing
setup (catalog.cfg, route, scripts, etc) to interface with PGP and I was
receiving "NEED ENCYRPTION" in the mail attachment where before I would
receive the CC encrypted.  I grep'ed for "NEED" in the IC directory and
found that it was returned in Order.pm.  When I looked at the
surrounding code I saw that "NEED ENCRYPTION" is returned if the route
does not have a value for encrypt or credit_card.  Since I did not want
the entire order encrypted I tried out the credit_card setting.  Sure
enough this fixed my problem and I was back in business.

Long story short, if you are upgrading a catalog and find that the CC is
no longer encrypting set the following:

Route main credit_card 1

And it will return to the behavior as it existed in 4.6.5.

Thanks!
-Ron