[ic] Question about Autoload

Doug Alcorn interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Sep 6 11:48:01 2001

Mike Heins <mheins@redhat.com> writes:

> Autoload <<EOR
> [perl]
> 	return unless $Values->{pricefield};
> 	$Config->{PriceField} = $Values->{pricefield};
> 	return;
> [/perl]
> EOR
>
> It holds whatever it held from the last page. When a user logs in,
> the database is read and $Values and $Scratch are updated. This is persistent.
> By the way, if you think people might fiddle with the pricefield value
> (remember, a user can set a $Values simply by accessing a URL) then
> it would be good to define pricefield as a Scratch setting and
> not for Values.

This is a good point about using a Scratch variable and not a form
Value.  I guess I'm being a little obtuse (btw, I can't use that word
without thinking about "Shawshank Redemption"); but, I'm still not
sure how to apply this.  How/when/where do I set the scratch variable?
Would the best place be in a mv_click block on the login page?

--
 (__) Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543