[ic] IC in a Hosting Service

Thu Sep 6 16:10:01 2001

At 12:17 PM 09/06/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>My client has asked me to setup IC in a hosting environment in order to host
>several IC
>catalogs.  They want to have a single in-house administrator take care of
>setting up the initial
>catalog for individual company's products in the IC Admin interface
>(subsequently their
>customers will be able to change pricing, inventory, etc.).
>
>Therefore, they want a utility or template or form in Excel or even a
>HTML-based form which
>the end users can enter their product data something like this:
>
>    Item Name   |   Item Description | Part number | List Price |  Inventory
>Count |  gif pic
>
>And, then the customer could email the form to the administrator for 'rapid'
>implementation.
>
>I have searched the archives for any kind of utilities written to support
>IC.  I have searched for
>"easy customer template/form/utility to add items to catalog" and come up
>empty.  Does anyone
>remember seeing a posting like this before?
>
>Has anyone created this kind of form?
>
>Does anyone know of a list of utilities written to support IC?
>
>Is this just a crazy, hair-brained idea?

Possibly... ;-)  Why wouldn't the customer just use the UI to add their
items directly to their catalog?  If they are going to have to key them in,
take the shortest path.  If they have some kind of existing database, it is
going to need to be derived and reformatted for interchange by someone
familiar with the beast, so they would just fire off an exported copy.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax