[ic] One works, the other doesn't

Thu Sep 6 21:02:00 2001

Quoting Jim Balcom (jim@idk-enterprises.com):
> On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Mike Heins wrote:
>
> MH>>I am betting you have two IC daemons running, one installed via
> MH>>RPM and the other that you are running with /usr/lib/interchange/bin/interchange.
> MH>>
> MH>>Kill both (killall interchange) and then restart the standard one
> MH>>with /usr/sbin/interchange.
>
> If I was to bring up 4.8.1 on the same machine as my 4.6 in order to
> get it set up, working and trying to migrate 4.6 to 4.8, wouldn't I
> have 2 daemons running? How do I handle this?

That isn't a problem -- the key is to run the makecat for, and have
the link program pointed to, the same version as you restart.

You can have as many Interchange daemons running on a system
as you want -- my personal record is on the old minivend.com, which
had 9 Minivends and 2 Interchanges on the main app server
when it was shut down and moved to the new servers at Red Hat.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock