[ic] interchange and debian unstable - startup problem

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Sep 7 04:46:00 2001

peter <petong@jah.net> writes:

> Hello list,
>
> I have just done a clean install of debian unstable and interchange. When I
> try and start interchange using the script in init.d, I am asked for a
> password. The interchange user has a shell of /bin/false, so when I change
> this to /bin/bash and assign a password to user interchange, I can then
> provide a password when prompted, but this seems like strange behaviour for
> an init script. Any ideas?

You should execute the script in init.d as superuser.
Use /bin/false as shell is correct.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Racke happily hacks Interchange and maintains Debian packages like Courier.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices