[ic] Interchange shipping UPS/Fed EX methods

Mark R. Misko interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Sep 7 13:35:01 2001

I have a couple questions regarding UPS/Fed Ex shipping methods in
Interchange.

1. Are the formulas/methods that come pre-defined in Interchange accurate?

2. Does the UPS/WWW Lookup feature display accurate UPS/FedEx when used?
Meaning that if I use a default, predefined shipping algorithm (i.e.; UPS
Next Day Air - 1DA) and use the UPS/FedEx Lookup as the Charge Type, with an
entered origin zip code, will it automatically calculate proper shipping
cost (equal to that of UPS)?  Or is it better to use to use the Internal UPS
Lookup with downloaded rate and zone charts form UPS?

I am deciding whether to use Interchange 4.8 and much of it depends on
proper shipping cost determination.  I have only used the Administration
section of the demo to view the shipping methods, but have not been able to
see if the shipping indeed calculated correctly.

Any experiences or suggestions on this would be very much appreciated in
aiding my decision in using Interchange.

Thanks a bunch,

-Mark