[ic] Redefine variable

Fri Sep 7 16:13:00 2001

Quoting Ron Phipps (rphipps@reliant-solutions.com):
> > From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
> [mailto:interchange-
> > users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Chad Wittrock
> >
> > Is there a way I can redefine a variable within IC? I would like to
> > redefine
> > [shipping] from its default to :
> > 	[set total_shipping]0[/set]
> > 	[item-list]
> >          		[seti total_shipping][calc]
> >               	[scratch total_shipping] + ([item-field
> shipping] *
> > [item-quantity])
> >          		[/calc][/seti]
> > 	[/item-list]
> > 	[set shipping][scratch total_shipping][/set]
> >
> > Where do I find where [shipping] is defined or is this not possible?
>
> You may want to look into using the standard shipping routines instead
> of redefining what shipping does.  It seems like you could setup a
> formula in the shipping.asc to use the shipping field for each product
> to determine the shipping amount.  Take a look at the shipping
> documentation for how to setup formulas.

That particular one is quite easy, unless I am missing something:

STD	Standard Shipping	shipping	0	0	e Nothing to ship!
STD	Standard Shipping	shipping	0	99999	f @@TOTAL@@

That is all it takes if you want to put a specific shipping cost in each
products field. Then the regular [shipping] tag does everything else.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon