[ic] One Item in Multiple Categories

Douglas Manning interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Sep 7 17:28:00 2001

Is there a way in Interchange 4.8.1 to get one item to exist in Multiple
categories?  For example in computer cables you have PS/2 Cables which for
an end user you might want listed under both mouse extensions, and keyboard
extensions.

I was also wondering if anyone has yet solved the issue of uploading images
to the server and having the computer store the file as the full path of
the original source.  For example if I upload an image from my
      C:\Documents and Settings\Doug\My Documents\My
Pictures\project-a\pict1.jpg the file is stored on my Linux server as
C:\Documents and Settings\Doug\My Documents\My Pictures\project-a\pict1.jpg
in the proper directory but with the DOS-type path from the source as the name.

To make it work I can edit the record changing the name of the image to
just pict1.jpg, then log onto my server and delete the 0 byte pict1.jpg
then rename C:\Documents and Settings\Doug\My Documents\My
Pictures\project-a\pict1.jpg to pict1.jpg and I have a picture but this is
just a pain.  There has to be something that I, and others are missing in a
configuration file somewhere.

Thanks
Doug
dougjunk@discountcomputersinc.com