[ic] Payment through PBS (Denmark)

Kaare Rasmussen interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Sep 10 06:09:01 2001

In Denmark there is a central bank processing service called PBS, which
handles almost all credit card (or rather debit card) transactions. I don't
suppose anybody else has done this, so I have to implement it.
Any pointers to documentation about CC validation?

The system works like this: The CC number can be keyed in on a non-secure
page, but the form action of this page has to be directed to a payment
server through SSL. The payment server then tries to authenticate the card
and amount, and returns with a OK / Failed page.
Normally this is made with a dedicated page for the CC number, which is a
different system from Interchange's checkout page.
Does anyone have an idea how to do this? Ideally I'd like to keep the
checkout page as is, and only direct it to the payment server if payment is
with credit card. This seems impossible - but maybe there is a method I
can't see right now.
Does any of the other payment methods work in the same way, so I can have a
place to start from?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Howitzvej 75               Åben 14.00-18.00        Web:      www.suse.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        Lørdag 11.00-17.00       Email: kar@webline.dk