[ic] IC -> MOM export module help

Jud Harris interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Sep 10 15:35:01 2001

Hey folks -

I'm currently working on an IC -> Mail Order Manager (MOM) export module for
Interchange (via an order route).  It's going to append orders to a daily
text file in csv format, according to MOM's import specs.

MOM handles up to five unique items per line - in other words, for each line
it imports there are PRODUCT1, QUANTITY1, PRODUCT2, QUANTITY2, etc.. on up
to 5.  If an order has more than 5 different items, it puts a 'Y' in the
CONTINUED field and the next line's PRODUCT1, QUANTITY1 fields contain the
6th item's information.

Due to my unfamiliarity with all the IC tags, I'm not too sure how to
approach this.

I know I need to loop through all the items/qty in the final order and split
them out to the MOM fields, but I'm not sure where to start.

I was also thinking that if there was some way to access the items in an
array via perl, I could do it that way.

Unfortunately I'm not too sure what to ask -- but if anyone can offer any
advice, I'll appreciate it.

Thanks!
-Jud