[ic] How does one customize the admin interface for a single admin sit e

Mon Sep 10 19:03:00 2001

Does this have the advantage that Jonathan mentioned of only overriding the
ones you need to override, or should I copy all of UI/pages to the new
location?

Also, what is the advantage of keeping them out of the catalog directory?
Security (I assume)?  It would make it easier to put them in a single scs
project if it were in the catalog directory.

Patrick

>make a copy in <catroot>/pages/admin/ for each catalog.
>
>this location will override the default admin pages you have found on a
>per-catalog basis. So you only need to copy the pages you intend to modify.
>
>Great eh?
>
>Jonathan
>Webmaint.

You should also be able to override UI_BASE on a per-catalog basis, to
point to an alternate directory in VENDROOT/lib/UI/pages/.  This would give
you custom UI page dir for a given catalog while keeping the actual pages
out of the client's catalog directory.

- Ed L.