[ic] Very, Very slow check out - possible PGP problem

Mon Sep 10 20:18:00 2001

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, mareks66 wrote:

m>>I installed a new - out of the box - Linux Mandrake 8.0, installed

I am glad that you were able to get Mandrake to install. I've got 8.0 and it
refused to install. I paid over $60 for mine, it wouldn't install, and
support was ridiculous. But, that's neither here nor there for your problem.

m>>all works lightning fast (serching, browsing) but when I hit "check out", I
m>>have to wait for 60 s for a reply. No errors, but it realy last so long.
m>>What I have observed, is:

You need to have a REALLY fast server. I have mine on a 1.2Ghz CPU with 512
megs of RAM and there are still some delays, even over a LAN.

So much of IC is being done on the client side, rather than on the server.
If the client side is on a slow machine with limited RAM, then constructing
the pages will take a while.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Monday, September 10, 2001 at 20:10 PM:
Why is "abbreviation" such a long word?

This Linux System has been up 2 hours