[ic] SQl Database Setup

joachim.richter interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Sep 11 08:53:00 2001

Hi list,

what is the easiest way to change from the standard interchange database to mysql ?
Mysql was set up o.k. and a catalog is running under it already.
There is only one catalog which needs to be changed to Mysql.
There is something over 20.000 articles in the products.txt. which should qualify the catalog for Mysql.

I suppose its not just changing the catalog.cfg, or ist it ?

Lets pretend it is that easy, do we have to change interchange tags, can we still use the regular search and
list functions ... (got used to use !) or do we have to use all new sql commands (oh no!) ?

Vielen Dank

JoE

US Video Center Medien GmbH
Heimsheimer Str 22