[ic] IC on Windows

Tue Sep 11 11:48:00 2001

At 09:32 PM 09/10/2001 -0700, you wrote:
> > From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
>[mailto:interchange-
> > users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of George Loch
> >
> > Obviously, this is the WRONG group to mention the windogs platform ;)
> >
> > Thanks for the *help*
> >
> > George
>
>George,
>
>Last that I read was that it's possible to run IC on Windows with
>ActivePerl (I think that's what it is called) installed.

Theoretically.  There are "quirks" (ActiveState's terminology, not mine) in
the Windows version of   ActivePerl which no doubt make modifications to
the IC source necessary, but it should be doable if you are really
determined.  A Windows-ready version of IC has not been available since the
last release of Minivend 3.  I installed that beast on Win98 with MS
Personal webserver, on a midrange PII (around 500Mz, I think).  Totally
unsuitable for production use, barely adequate for messin' around.

- Ed L.