[ic] There is something wrong with the Mail-list archive...

Rene Hertell interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Sep 12 12:45:03 2001

I just tested to find messages containing something about the default
admin-UI username/password, but the search did not find anything (I used as
keywords: default admin ui user password, and then I tried with:admin ui
password).

I have before tried to use the mail list search-engine, but I came to the
conclusion that either I can't use it, or the search engine is useless.
Usually I used Google in finding an answer to my questions, but now the
Google search-cache does not contain anything about these messages.

To my surprise I noticed that the message-archive is located behind several
urls: developer2.akopia.com/archive/interchange-users/,
ic.redhat.com/archive/interchange-users/,
lists.akopia.com/pipermail/interchange-users/ and maybe somewhere else.

The later archive seems to be updated more often than the first two, so I
would suggest to get rid of the first two archives and concentrate the
searches to the "lists.akopia.com" server. I would also suggest that Google
would be used as an optional search-engine (it's free, but they will maybe
show some ads...)

my 0.02 cents :)

René