[ic] Database Access Issues - Shipping Rates

Randy Moore interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Sep 14 10:37:00 2001

At 03:36 PM 9/13/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have posted a couple times recently about some shipping problems I have
>been having.  Thank you to all who have responded.  With your help, things
>are working out better.
>
>I am still encountering some problems when attempting to access uploaded
>shipping rate tables.  The tables are in ASCI, comma separated files and are
>accurate by all my accounts (similar to the pre-installed ones).
>
>The problem lies in accessing the tables.  I have setup some new shipping
>methods and have chosen Internal UPS as the lookup methods.  I can select
>the proper ZONE chart from the pulldown menu, but cannot see the uploaded
>rate tables in its pulldown menu.  I can only see the three preinstalled
>ones (Ground, NextDayAir, 2ndDayAir).  However, I do see the uploaded ZONE
>charts.
>
>Any ideas?  I have been trying to fix this problem for the past week and
>have tried many suggestions located in the message archives.
>
>Is it possible to add additional rate tables other than one that come
>preinstalled?
>
>Do I need to append the tables already there?  I have already tried
>importing tables, but I need to create a new would I would imagine.
>
>I guess the basic question is, how can I add new shipping rate tables in
>addition to the ones that are preinstalled?

Hello,

It sounds like Interchange has not been told that the new tables exist or
how to access them.  Simply putting your new tables into the products
directory is not enough.  You also have to let Interchange know about the
new tables.  This can be done several different ways.  You should read the
docs on "Databases" for the complete picture.

If you are using the Foundation template, the quick way is to add a new
'dbm' file in the "dbconf/default_db" directory (if you are using internal
tables) or in the appropriate subdirectory for your SQL server.

Hope this helps.
Randy Moore
Axion Information Technologies, Inc.

email     ramoore@axion-it.net