[ic] Can't restore saved carts

Fri Sep 14 13:35:00 2001

At 10:41 AM 09/14/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm stumped.
>
>We are implementing a store based on Foundation.  We are able to log in
>and save carts and recurring orders.  They appear in the userdb databse
>as they should.  But when we go to the saved_carts page and select a
>saved cart, the basket page displays an empty cart.
>
>This happens even when we take out our modified cart code and replace it
>with the original code from the foundation cart.
>
>Is there any documentation at all that explains how foundation restores
>thise carts?  I can't seem to find any.
>
>Any help is greatly appreciated.

That doc is here:

http://ic.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/dev-4.8/icdatabase_48.html

I used the [userdb set_cart] and [userdb get_cart] features constantly with
Minivend 3.x, but I just have not had the need with any IC catalogs I have
worked on.

[userdb get_cart] takes a target parameter (i.e. [userdb function=get_cart
target=cartname] to load a saved cart into an 'active' cart, main should be
the default), and though it is not documented, set_cart takes a source
parameter: [userdb function=set_cart source=cartname] (again, main should
be the default).  Hope this helps.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax