[ic] Handling Charge

Fri Sep 14 17:21:01 2001

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, chaim klar wrote:

ck>>We are trying to add a handling charge to our orders. If we understand the
ck>>documetation correctly the way to do it is to add:
ck>><input type="hidden" name="mv_handling" value="hazmat"> to the form that
ck>>adds  to the shopping cart(i.e. flypage), where hazmat would match a valid
ck>>shipping mode from shipping.asc.
ck>>So far we just havn't been able to get it to work. Can anyone tell us were
ck>>we are going wrong?
ck>>Your help would be greatly appreciated.

I simply (and quietly) added mine in to shipping.asc.

This is just one line, and it all goes on one line.

fdxg	Ground	weight	0	0	(1 tab)
e Nothing to ship!		{'ui_ship_type' => "weight", (just a space)
'zone' => "220",'table' => "Ground",'ups' => "1", (just a space)
'adder' => "(\@\@TOTAL\@\@ * .25 ) + 2.00",'at_least' => "5.50", (a space)
'geo' => "zip",}

I use this for FedEx Ground shipping. It uses the UPS lookup table for zones
and rates.

In the line that starts with "'adder'" that takes the total from the table
(based on weight) and adds in 25% of that total. It also adds on $2.00, flat
out. And, it says that the shipping has to be at least $5.50.

This is working out pretty accurately for me. It covers the cost of boxes,
of tape, of plastic bags. It also covers the cost of the weekly pick-up fee,
and it takes care of the added charges that UPS and FedEx seem to
mysteriously fabricate when it comes time for me to get billed.

Therefore, once the customer gets to the check out page, and they put in
their zip code, the shipping and handling is quietly calculated. The line on
the page that once said 'Shipping" now says "Shipping and Handling". They
are told that there is a handling charge, but not how much, since it is all
included.

In over 2 months of operation this way, I've gotten no complaints or
questions.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Friday, September 14, 2001 at 17:05 PM:
Oxymoron: Definite possibility

This Linux System has been up 24 hours