[ic] Frustrated with IC 4.8

Kat Turner interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Sep 17 06:37:01 2001

How is it that IC 4.8 can have so many great features and be so ill behaved
in implamenting them? What I mean by this is IC 4.8 seems to have everything
you could think of to put on a wish list for an online store and then some.
But when it comes to using the Administration interface to setup the store
it is contrary as hell. The changes that I make either give unexpected
results or have no effect at all. The help file included seems to be an
after thought that only makes one want a real help file. I find it next to
useless. The documentation on the Redhat web site is not much better. The
wizard that was intended to be used for quick setup seems to have a mind of
it's own.

If I am the only one that is having problems with grasping how to use IC
then it won't hurt my feelings at all for you to tell me how stupid I am and
for you to point out what I am doing wrong. I would really like to get IC to
perform the way a program if this caliber should. I am use to stable
programs that work as intended. If this is the type of program that stems
from the open source code theory of designing software then it seems to be a
step backwards.
Just my $.02 worth.
KAT