[ic] Frustrated with IC 4.8

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Sep 17 10:49:01 2001

> From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
> On Behalf Of mheins@redhat.com

> We only have a limited amount of resource with which to develop
> Interchange. Interchange a development system to produce online shops
> and custom content management. The UI is an attempt to bring some of
> that power to users who are not Perl and web experts. We have been
> successful in that in some ways, and not in others.

[snip]

> I have devoted six years to this project. I have discovered that no
> matter what I do will never satisfy everyone. So I just do the best I
> can and trust that is enough. 8-)

Well said Mike,

I think that once in a while it is worth mentioning the roots of Interchange
and the amount of time and effort that you, and others, have put into the
product for the benefit of all. Maybe add to the auto email?

It does not go unnoticed that you take the time amongst the *real* work to
read messages on the list and even sweep up unanswered queries on _Sundays_.

I am sure I speak for the majority in saying thankyou for this and your
extreme level-headedness (restraint?) with your replies that I have seen
over the last three years. I wish people would appreciate this a little
more.

Jonathan
Webmaint.