[ic] [how] products/categories.html, proposal (?)

Eduardo Dominguez interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Sep 17 18:45:01 2001

I cant use the normal Cat/Subcat via bar_link sub because the list
its pretty big. Reducing this list its just not possible.

What I am trying to do is create a categories.html, so that I always
display categories on my left menu and when clicking on one I get
the subcats displayed on the main content area.

Has anyone done something similar ? Isnt this functionality
common so that it justifies a categories.html ? Categories dont seem to
do much on Interchange other than grouping subcats. They are not
clickable.

What I am currently doing involves a loop thru the categories
and creates a link to categories.html&catcode=CATCODEHERE, which
retrieves the subcats with description and displays them.

Any ideas or experiences with this layout are appreciated. If
anyone is interested I can post more details on how I achieve that.

Thanks in advance.