[ic] Frustrated with IC 4.8

Mon Sep 17 20:10:01 2001

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Nathan D. Olmscheid wrote:

NDO>>Also for everyone complaining about bugs and such. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!  This
NDO>>is free open source software, if you see a bug, fix it and send it in!

For me, that would be fine if the software were written in C - a language
that I am very good in. But, it's written in Perl. Nowadays, I am a
merchant, and no longer have time for learning new programs. I can't even
understand the bugs, let alone to fix them.

NDO>>If you need help, post your question and I am sure many are glad to help. Are you

That is far from correct. As a WAG, I would guess that only about one-third
of the questions posted here get answered. I've watched many questions get
asked, over and over and over with no reply. I've noticed them because they
are identical to my own concerns. There's nothing wrong with the way that
the questions are being asked. They are just being ignored.

NDO>>totally clueless?? Maybe pay someone at RedHat to get you started and to the
NDO>>point where you can utilize this group.

I did that.

NDO>> Also, READ the TAG REFERENCE in full, and
NDO>>all other documentation.  I haven't done all the above, I am working on reading
NDO>>the reference guide, so far I think its written fairly decent.

If you can understand that document, you are a far better person than I am.

The last revision of the document was attempting to document what was
actually happening, and it was doing it in a manner that is hard to
understand. When things were found that were ridiculous the documenters
refused to go back to the programmers to fix it, but rather to simply
document it.

(snippet)
some code and stuff for the page
more stuff
[/comment]
more lines of stuff
[comment]
We are giving away money today
[/comment]

Now, because there is a [/comment] on the page before [comment] the
[comment] is shut off immediately. To me, this is stupid behavior and needs
to be corrected. The Akopia employees writing the documentation chose to not
do anything about it.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Monday, September 17, 2001 at 19:55 PM:
(A)bort, (R)etry, (F)orget It!

This Linux System has been up 45 hours